It’s the most wonderful time of the year – and the busiest. Between shopping, food prep, and whatever else fills up your festive calendar, holiday carpet cleaning might be the furthest thing from your mind. Which is exactly why you need to keep reading!
Whatever your plans involve, December is a prime time to get your carpets professionally cleaned and cared for. We know you’ve probably got cookies to bake and wrapping to finish, so we’ll get straight to telling you why.
1. Make your home look amazing
Whether you’re expecting a busy household or having a quiet one this year, holiday carpet cleaning means your home will be beautifully clean and fresh for the cozy hours you spend indoors.
It’s much more pleasant and peaceful to relax over an old movie or spend time with loved ones when you know that your carpets are in pristine condition. As well as impressing your guests, you can enjoy comfort and peace of mind.
2. Preserve the quality of your carpets
After a few months of less-than-perfect autumn and winter weather, your carpets have likely accumulated some dirt, dust, and debris (especially if you have a furry friend that regularly travels inside and outside).
Dirt and other particles are ground down every time you walk across your carpet, causing them to wear against the fibers and impact the overall quality and appearance. Deep cleaning can help to preserve the lifespan of your carpets – especially if you’re expecting extra foot traffic over the holidays.
3. Boost the atmosphere in your home
As well as impacting the quality of your carpets, dirt and dust can affect the air quality in your home. Deep cleaning can remove allergens and create a more comfortable atmosphere for you and your guests.
This is especially important if you or someone in your family struggles with asthma, or if you have small children or pets who tend to be closer to the floor.
4. Freshness for the New Year
After the presents are opened and the tree has been packed away, your carpets will still be fresh. You’ll be set up and ready to take on the busyness of a new year knowing you can return to a clean and comfortable home base. It’s truly the gift that keeps on giving!
How to clean your carpet
We’ve heard enough carpet cleaning horror stories to caution against DIY deep cleaning. And the last thing you need during the holidays is a carpet cleaning disaster.
When possible, bring in the pros for hot water extraction carpet cleaning. The process involves many important steps:
- Remove all small items: Pick up everything that’s on the floor (toys, books, slippers, etc.) and move small furniture (like tables, chairs, and footstools) out of the way.
- Vacuum like a grownup: Remove as much dirt, dust, and debris as possible – make sure to vacuum like a grownup.
- Protect big furniture: Cover furniture with protective sheeting and place pads underneath.
- Pre-treatment: Your carpet will be evenly coated with a detergent (professionals will ensure it’s compatible with the fibers your carpet is made out of).
- Rinse: The detergent must be completely rinsed out without saturating and drowning the carpet.
- Extract: Professionals have efficient suction equipment that can extract the water from your carpet. It’s key to absorb as much moisture as possible so that mold and mildew won’t grow.
- Dry: Professionals will advise the best equipment you can use to make sure your carpets dry quickly and comprehensively.
- Wait: Avoid walking on your carpet or replacing furniture for at least 6-8 hours. Depending on your space, it can take up to 12 hours for your carpet to dry.
Find out what to do before the carpet cleaners arrive.
Call in Santa’s helpers
If your home is ready for holiday carpet cleaning, leave it to us to refresh and revive your space for the festive season. We’ll use eco-friendly equipment and products to make sure your carpets are ready to take on whatever you have planned this year – and in the new year to come.
Reach out to our team to request a quote today. And Happy Holidays from the team at Mother Nature’s Cleaning!
Request a Quote
We'll be in contact with you shortly to give you an estimate.