5 Reasons to Prioritize Padding!
If you love your rug, protect it.
The reason we are so persistent with making sure you have pad, is because we have seen what happens when you don’t… Below are five reasons you should have a pad under your area rug.
1) Safety: No matter where the rug is placed (on carpet or hardwood or etc), a pad keeps the rug in place to prevent slips and pulls
2) Preservation: A pad extends the life of your rug by preventing the fibers from being crushed. The pad acts as a type of buffer between the hard surface below and the rug above. It also absorbs most of the grinding action cause by footsteps and works to protect the rug itself from wear
3) Cleanliness: A pad allows for easier vacuuming and also allows some of the fine sand particles to sift through the rug rather than collecting inside.
4) Protection: Very important! A pad prevents dye transfer, marring, staining, and scratching to the floor or carpeting beneath.
5) Comfort: A pad adds cushioning softness underfoot.
A little about our most popular rug pad:
This pad is the ONLY rug pad that prevents slipping on the top and bottom, keeping your rug in place on the pad and on the floor.
You will notice thermal-set ridges in the felt surface running in multiple directions – These are meant to prevent lateral movement of your rug in any direction. The ridges grab to your rug and prevent it from slipping on the actual pad. Most others have a smooth surface that allows the rug to slip and shift.
A unique “Hexagonal” design is set within the natural rubber to offer maximum grip on any floor, making for the most effective non slip function to keep your rug in place at all times. The raised pattern within the rubber also creates an airflow between the pad and floor to allow your floor to breath, as well as to prevent moisture build-up under the pad.
This, our rug pad of choice, is made in the USA and contains felt and only natural solid rubber, it is completely safe for hardwood, laminate, tile, concrete, heated, vinyl and all types of floors and finishes.
Order yours today!