Outdoor cushion cleaning is as important as indoor cleaning – here’s why
Whether you like it or not, it’s here – that end-of-summer feeling. You might have found yourself considering packing a sweater, contemplating wearing jeans, or even craving a cozy cup of soup… But have you thought about what you’re going to do with your outdoor cushions and furniture?
We’re going to get a little controversial here and say that outdoor cushion cleaning is just as important as indoor home maintenance. Read on for our two cents about why you need to start showing some love and protection to your patio cushions.
Winter hates cushions
When the sun is shining and the sky is blue, it’s easy to forget how vicious the fall and winter weather can be – but (we’re sorry to say) it’s just around the corner.
Obviously, outdoor cushions are far more durable than your indoor upholstery. After all, they’re designed to maintain their quality against the elements. Summer breeze, iced tea spills, a little rogue spray from the sprinkler – all fine. But the colder seasons bring a whole set of their own challenging elements.
Rain, wind, damp, cold, sap, bird droppings, and, who knows, maybe even a freak snow storm (hey, it happened in ’76) will ravage your beautiful cushions. When exposed to these things, they’ll get mouldy, develop algae, and likely begin to rot.
Wild animals love cushions
You’re not the only one who thinks your cushions are comfy and beautiful – all the animals in the neighbourhood do, too.
Over time, there’s a very high chance that your cushions are going to get hammered with bird droppings. Positioned under a tree, they’ll likely be covered in sap.
Patio furniture covers are great for protecting your furniture pieces from these elements – but if you leave the cushions on underneath, you’ve just created the perfect winter getaway for mice, squirrels, and other furry visitors to use at their leisure.
One of our customers found a family of skunks cozied up in her outdoor loveseat, hidden for weeks beneath a furniture cover!
You love your cushions
You don’t need us to tell you how expensive patio cushions and furniture can be. When you’re lounging on a sunny afternoon or hosting a barbecue, the price tag is worth it. So, don’t let it all those good vibes get washed away with the October rain.
A little preplanning now will make all the difference next season, protecting your cushions and your investment for when it’s time to head back outside and spend your best days in the yard again.
How outdoor cushion cleaning works
We make it really easy for you to take care of your patio cushions and outdoor upholstery – we can even store them for you until next season!
- Give us a call to book your outdoor cushion cleaning service.
- We’ll pick up your cushions at a time that’s convenient for you.
- Our experts will complete a full inspection at our shop and contact you to discuss the process we’ll implement and the overall price.
- Our pro cleaners will use specialized equipment and planet-friendly products to get rid of the summer grime. We’ll complete as many rounds of cleaning as necessary until we’re satisfied with the results.
- We’ll apply fabric protector, so your cushions will be fresh and ready for the next outdoor season.
- Our team will get in touch to arrange a suitable drop-off time – you can choose to store them at our facility, or we’ll wrap them up and bring them back to you.
We know it’s hard to let go of summer, but your future self will thank you when it’s time to put the cushions out again next year! Book a service today or read on to learn more about our outdoor cleaning services.